***Thank you to VALERIE WHITE of Vista High School, for all her help. All APAH content and information made possible from her hard work. Also, thank you to Dr. Robert Coad for his guidance and materials.
Pazzi Chapel, Brunellschi
Palazzo Rucellai, Alberti
Holy Trinity, Masaccio
Birth of Venus, Botticelli
Madonna and Child with Two Angels, Lippi
Foreshortened Christ, Mantegna
Tribute Money, Masaccio
Expulsion of Adam and Eve, Masaccio
- Revitalization of classical ideals in literature, history, and philosophy.
- Renaissance courts influenced by humanism (Secular over the religious)
- Humanism is hugely popular and more and more people are attracted to the ideals. It fostered the belief in individual potential
- Rise in realistic, 3D paintings
- Human antatomy: increase in nude sculptures
- Architecture emphasizes light spaces that are balanced and symmetrical.
- Political and economic changes that contributed to the rise of a new class of wealthy patrons (Medici Family) who fostered art and learning on a lavish scale.
THE MEDICI FAMILY
- The most powerful and famous dynasty of bankers who used their incredible wealth to both govern city-states and be patrons of the arts.
- Founded in Florence. Wealth first started by Giovanni de'Medici.