8. September 23- Complete flashcard for the All-T’oqapu Tunic
and finish the Aztec Crossword puzzle.
9. September 27- Complete your flashcard for the Black on Black Ceramic Vessel, the last piece in the Indigenous Americas unit-
Quiz on Tuesday, October 1st
10. October 1- Read the Baron's summary on the next unit, Ancient Near East. Print flashcard images and complete the first two:
The White Temple and Ziggurat and
The Standard of Ur = Video, Article
11. October 10- Complete your flashcard for the Seated Scribe. Khan Academy has a short video on it. Also review the Baron's summary we read in class today.
12. October 14- Complete flashcards for The Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut and Queen Hatshepsut with Offering Jars. Both are discussed in a video on Khan Academy.
13. October 15- Complete your flashcard for Akhenaton, Nefertiti, and 3 Daughters using the Khan Academy video.
14. October 21- Please read and highlight the handouts given out in class. You do NOT need to do the flashcard for the Geometric Krater. (I wrote that on the packet for last year).
15. October 22- Complete your flashcard for the Geometric Funerary Krater.
16. October 16- Complete flashcards for Kroisos, from Anavysos- (video), and Peplos Kore- (video)
17. October 24- Read summary on Red figure and Black figure vase painting. Copy and draw the various vase shape in your notes and record their names and uses. In addition, create ten quiz questions based on your reading summaries at the intro of the unit. Please write the answers to the questions of the back of the sheet.
18. October 25- Complete your flashcard for The Grave Stele of Hegeso.
19. October 28- Have someone take a picture of you, your whole body (Clothed please! lol). Print it out. Draw on it, measuring the length of your head. Then find out how many heads tall the length of your whole body is. Are you Team Polykleitos (7 heads), Team Lysippos (8 heads), or Team Original (Neither 7 or 8)?
20. October 29- Complete your flash card for the Alexander Mosaic from the House of the Faun.
21. October 30- Please watch the video (Links to an external site.) on the classical orders. Take notes!
22. November 4- Teach someone a piece from our Greek unit and submit online.
23. November 5- Read the two intro summaries (handouts) on Etruscan Art
24. November 12- Read the two introductory packets for Roman Art. Using the packets, complete your flashcards for the Temple of Portunus (Fortuna Virilis) and Head of a Roman Patrician
25. November 13- Complete flashcard images for the Ara Pacis using the Khan Academy video. There are 3 flashcard images that go with this piece.
26. November 13- Complete packets for designing your own version of Augustus and the Roman Patrician.
27. November 14- Review handout on parts of a Roman house and the backside which discusses concrete.
28. November 22- Complete all flashcards for Late Antique, Byzantine, and Early Medieval units.
29. December 2- Complete both Late Antique Crosswords
30. December 3- Complete crosswords for Byzantine and Early Medieval
31. December 6- Read and highlight Islamic packet
32. December 9- Complete flashcards for the Pyxis of al-Mughira and the Baptistere de St. Louis.
33. December 10- Complete flashcards for The Court of Gayumar and Barham Gur Fights the Karg.
34. December 11- Compare and contrast assignment. Click here for directions.
35. December 13- Complete flashcard for The Great Mosque of Isfahan
1. August 26
2. August 30
3. September 6
4. September 9
5. September 11
6. September 13
7. September 23
8. September 24
9. October 1
10. October 3
11. October 11
12. October 15
13. October 16
14. October 22
15. October 23
16. October 24
17. October 25
18. October 28
19. October 29
20. October 30
21. October 31
22. November 5
23. November 6
24. November 13
25. November 14
26. November 18
27. November 19
28. December 2
29. December 3
30. December 4
31. December 9
32. December 10
33. December 11
34. December 12 or 13
35. December 16